The DMMA and its members need to plan for a smooth and successful tender for the next measurement vendor as the Effective Measure contract ends in April 2014.
The RFP provides vendors interested in supplying web and mobile audience measurement services to the DMMA a guide for first round presentations to the DMMA Board and Measurement Sub-‐Committee.
Criteria for selection
1. Provide a web and mobile tag-‐based audience measurement service and media planning tool around the key metrics of unique
visitors, page impressions, visits and visit duration that is consistent with industry standards.
2. Please provide a detailed definition of each of the key metrics and methodology in gathering the data. We require a clear
understanding of each metric.
3. Ability to drive a reasonable pricing structure that caters for large and small stakeholders.
4. The ability to provide an online survey mechanism (web and mobile) for collecting and building demographic and other relevant
5. The ability to provide a panel, affordably, within 6 months with a statistically relevant and recruited sample.
6. A clear strategy for all devices including desktop, mobile, tablet, and “app” audience measurement.
7. Demonstrate the ability to provide comprehensive measurement of audio and video streams across a broad range of players and
8. An understanding of emerging market needs, context and requirements within South Africa and Africa being of key strategic
importance to their own growth.
9. Full time representation within South Africa to demonstrable flexibility and willingness to respond to unique requests and ideas
from the DMMA and its publisher, agency and brand members.
10. Ensure that we create a credible “single currency” market, with a central set of data that can be referenced by all stakeholders.
11. To ensure that measurement is independently verified, we will require that you are able to work with 3rd party auditing firms.
Please clarify if you are already working with a 3rd party auditing firm, and if not, what capabilities you have in order to meet this
12. In order to ensure trust within the industry, the provider must carry a reliable audited certificate/accreditation – preferably
with an ABCe and/or ICOM affiliation, as well as demonstrated capacity.
13. Easy to use dashboard for members to access the data – data must be able to be converted into PDF, Powerpoint, Excel or Word
formats. Ease of access to data via API including mobile platforms. Please demonstrate where possible.
14. Please demonstrate the ability to import historical data and potentially export to a future vendor. Data must be able to run parallel
to the existing vendor -‐ Effective Measure -‐ for a 4-‐month test period, December 2013 to March 2014.
15. Data must be able to be integrated with media planning tools such as Telmar.
16. A robust, global team with long experience in the sector.
17. Provide support training on the measurement tool to all DMMA stakeholders.
For the full RFP please email email@example.com