The IAB South Africa (formerly Digital Media and Marketing Association) is seeking an experienced and qualified candidate to join us as IAB Country Manager in South Africa.
The Country Manager’s key role will be to plan and manage the organisation’s operations; member and industry relations as well as to identify new areas of opportunity and development. This is a fulltime role based in Sandton in Johannesburg.
- Provide guidance in the development of an appropriate country strategy;
- Ensure implementation of various portfolio’s plans and strategies;
- Provide leadership, to ensure effective programme and strategy execution;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of various initiatives;
- Develop appropriate best practice models;
- Provide support and guidance to the Board and Steering Committee teams;
- Assist the Financial Director in managing the organisation’s financial planning;
- Prudently manage the organisation’s resources in line with funding requirements;
- Sit on various industry boards and committees and act as liaison to key partners.
- Excellent understanding of the digital media industry with a strong network from past work experience in the sector. This should include, if possible, both online publishing and digital agency experience.
- Good understanding of financial principles, acumen and management;
- Strategic and operational leadership;
- Financial management and control;
- Proven capacity for stakeholder and partner management, with a solid grasp of the nature of industry politics;
- Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant in the media, advertising and communications environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Energetic, diplomatic and leads by example;
- Willing to travel.
- Postgraduate degree in business/media/marketing/social sciences/development/economics or related field;
- Experience in government/nonprofit/NGO sector environment in a leadership position;
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Applicants should state their desired remuneration in their motivation letters. Candidates not meeting these specifications will not be considered.
For more about IAB South Africa, refer to www.dmma.co.za